Employees of the Public Works Department maintain over 40 miles of two-lane Township roadways in addition to several acres of Township-owned open space and parks.
Some of the things the Public Works Department is called upon to do are:
- Repair road surfaces
- Install and maintain regulatory and street signs
- Maintain over 400 storm sewer inlets and replace miles of storm sewer pipes
- Provide snow removal and salting on Township streets
- Clear downed tree on Township streets
- Provide park maintenance: mowing, removing trash, trailblazing, and installing/maintaining playground equipment
- Maintain a fleet of 6 trucks and a loader backhoe
- Maintain three buildings belonging to the Township
- Paint school crossings, no parking "X", stop sign lines, handicap parking, and Vascar lines for the police
Emergency Contact Information
Normal Hours of Operation are 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Weekdays
The Public Works Department is on call 24 hours a day year-round to handle any emergency. If you need to reach them during off-hours (after 4:30 p.m. weekdays or weekends) for an emergency that cannot wait until the next work day, call 911.