Additional Disposal Instructions
TV's, Computer & Related Components
Information from Department of Environmental Protection: New Electronics Recycling Law states that consumers and businesses can no longer dispose of covered devices, such as computers, laptops, monitors and televisions with their trash. DEP also has a toll-free hotline at 800-346-4242 for questions about electronic recycling requirements.
Places Accepting Televisions ONLY for Recycle/Disposal:TV Disposal - COVANTA, 2209 South 58th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19147, 215-729-3770. Free TV, computer and monitor drop off the first and third Wednesdays of each month between 12:30 and 3:30 p.m. Website
Other Ways to Dispose
- Salvation Army at 66 Chester Pike in Darby will accept working TV's of all sizes.
- Salvation Army - view Salvation Army website for details and donations (only working tv's)
- Best Buy does RECYCLE TV's and other electronics, they tend to change their policy at times, so it is best to call first - 610-604-7474
- Staples will accept computers, no monitors or TV's.
- List of facilities in Delaware County accepting these items: view list under "Delaware County" (PDF)
- Working and non working vehicles Vehicle Donation Link
- eForce Recycling Link to Homepage
If you dispose of old carpet/rugs, you must cut them up into 3 feet or 4 feet sections and tie with twine for easy handling
Used Motor Oil, Anti-Freeze, Car Batteries and Tires
Take motor oil, antifreeze, and car batteries to a service station that accepts them.
Click HERE for the list of businesses that accept these items.
Click HERE for information on tire disposal.
Styrofoam packing is not recyclable. Styrofoam containers and cups are not recyclable. Please put in regular trash. Packing peanuts should be saved and reused or taken to a packaging / shipping store for reuse. Do not include them with your recycling discard with regular trash if unable to reuse.
The UPS store in Media (1167 W. Baltimore Pike, Media) recycles all packing materials, such as plastic packing, foam and peanuts.