There is currently an outbreak of respiratory disease caused by a novel (new) Coronavirus that was first detected in Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China and which has now been detected in numerous locations internationally, including cases in the United States. The virus has been named “SARS-CoV-2” and the disease it causes has been named “coronavirus disease 2019” (abbreviated “COVID-19”).
At this point, the best advice for individuals continues to be taking recommended preventative measures such as:
- frequently washing hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds;
- avoiding touching one’s eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands;
- avoiding close contact with people who are sick;
- covering one’s cough or sneeze with a tissue, and
- most importantly, keeping yourself and your child(ren) home if you/they are sick.
- About COVOID-19 or Coronavirus
- How does COVID-19 Spread
- Prevention and Treatment
- Information on Travel
PA Health Department Resources
- PA Health Department Coronavirus Information
- PA Health Department Coronavirus Fact Sheet
- Coronavirus Information for K-12 Schools
- Coronavirus Information for Colleges and Universities