Throughout the icy winter months, Upper Providence Township was hard at work identifying key infrastructure improvement needs and building out a detailed plan to fix them. Now, with warming spring days unfolding and summer plans before us, it is time to put this detailed plan into action.
At the May 12th Township Council meeting, our Township Engineer opened sealed bids contractors. It was competitive, but in the end, the work was awarded AF Damon, Inc. and work is expected to begin shortly.
Included in this award were the following projects:
- Preston Road (Providence Road to Roberts Road)
- Roberts Road (Kirk Lane to Woodcliffe Ave)
- Eastwood Road (Kirk Lane)
- Woodcliffe Ave (Providence Road North to Providence Road South)
- Oakview Drive (Providence Road to Cul-de-Sac)
- Clarlton (North Providence Road to Cul-de-Sac)
- Woodview Lane (West Ridge Road to Cul-de-Sac)
- Wooded Way Drive (Highland Ave to Cul-de-Sac)
- Azalea Lane (Highland Ave to Cul-de-Sac)
- Appletree Drive (Colt Lane to Appletree Drive)
- Paxton Place (East Rose Tree Road to Cul-de-Sac)
A map of identified roadwork and repairs can be found by clicking here.
During these infrastructure improvements, please remain aware and courteous while driving through construction areas to ensure the safety of those working. If you should have any questions about these or other improvement projects scheduled for this construction season, please contact the township at (610) 565-4944 or complete the online contact form located here.